Contracts Administrator / Buyer
SELEX Galileo Inc. is a US division of the Leonardo companies in Italy and the United Kingdom. SELEX Galileo Inc. procures equipment from US suppliers on behalf of its European companies and ensures delivery in accordance with US and European regulations.
The Contracts Administrator/Buyer will be responsible for receiving RFQs from the Leonardo European companies (our Customer) primarily supporting our Italian affiliate organizations. They will be an active and influential individual working within the Supply Chain Management Services (SCMS) team to develop the relationships with our Italian affiliates. Italian language skills would be a significant advantage but is not a requirement. They will be required to manage Customer facing communications to gather Customer requirements, review Customer RFQs for accuracy and completeness, and resolve any RFQ issues with Customers. The Contracts Administrator/Buyer will then be responsible for issuing RFQs to Suppliers in the US domestic market, obtaining quotes, selecting and negotiating terms, schedule, quality and reduced costs. Receive Customer PO and place and manage US Supplier POs to ensure that the Customer requirements are met.
This position will be located in Norcross, GA.
Major Opportunities and Decisions
SCMS is a key element in the success of SG Inc to both retain and grow existing business and to assist in the securing of new business. Effective Supply Chain Management is a mandatory requirement for our growing organization and the Contracts Administrator/Buyer will be liaising closely with other functions within the organization, as well as with our Customers and Suppliers to ensure effective translation of requirements leading to best value solutions to support the business.
The following description includes most significant duties to be performed. However, other work assignments may be included and as determined by the Contracts Director and would be in conformity with the value assigned to this role.
- Develop the relationships with and manage Italian affiliate (Customer) communications to gather Customer requirements.
- Review Customer requirements to ensure Customer contracts are in accordance with legal requirements, Customer specifications and Government regulations, and are compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Review Customer RFQs for completeness, resolve RFQ issues with Customer, and coordinate RFQ requirements with functional departments.
- Obtain US Domestic Supplier quotes and prepare and submit price quotes to Customers
- Negotiation and administration of routine Customer and Supplier contracts.
- Ensure Customer requirements are relayed to the supply chain in an effective and timely manner.
- Monitor company performance on contractual obligations made to Customers and Suppliers.
- Maintain professional and compliant contracts and purchasing records in accordance with SCMS procedures.
- Ensure system data is maintained and to support the effective generation of Customer and Supplier metrics.
- Domestic travel and occasionally international travel will be a requirement in this role.
- Must have proven capability within a Procurement organization, preferably in the defense, aerospace or manufacturing technology sectors.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels within an organization both orally and written, and should be able to present reports and data in presentation format.
- Must have strong relationship and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work within a team.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be results oriented and Customer focused.
- Must have good negotiation skills.
- Must have a professional and ethical approach within the Supply Chain, with colleagues and with Customers and Suppliers at all times.
- Must have an ability to prioritize and respond dynamically to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Must possess Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills. MS Project would be an advantage.
- Must possess good analytical and evaluation skills.
- Italian language skills would be a significant advantage.
Knowledge and Experience
- Candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree or related technical training (Associate Degree or equivalent work experience may be considered as an alternate).
- A minimum of two (2) years of Contracts experience is preferred but 4 years of purchasing experience is required, preferably in the defense, aerospace or manufacturing technology sectors.
- Sound knowledge of contracts and purchasing process, procedures and terms and conditions.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) / Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of export compliance regulations, including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), is preferred.
The above description includes most significant duties performed. However, other work assignments not mentioned are assumed included and would be in conformity with the value assigned to this position.
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this job vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.