Senior Systems Engineer
Reports to: System Manager
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
The Senior Systems Engineer for SELEX Galileo, Inc. is responsible for taking a lead role in assisting a multi-discipline team in the design, development, integration, test and support of military systems associated with Electronic Warfare (EW), Situational Awareness (SA) and related areas.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position.Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
- Participate in the full Engineering Lifecycle of systems, including requirements gathering, generation and maintenance of requirements, design, development, test, integration, validation and verification and support
- Assist team-members, customers, end users and partners with issue/problem resolutions, including writing of technical documentation and participation in technical meetings.
- Perform traceability of requirements using requirements management tools.
- Learn about existing competing and complimentary EW and SA systems and apply this knowledge to the development and enhancement of SELEX Galileo products
- Support Business Development and Management in business-winning opportunities
- Limited input into the Mechanical and/or Electrical aspects of new equipment design and integration (e.g. structural, thermal, signal and interface design and analysis)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 8 years of Systems Engineering or other relevant engineering experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in engineering, product development and the lifecycle of military systems
- Experience in writing engineering documentation
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively work both alone or in a team to meet project schedules, budgets and requirements
- Understanding and knowledge of commonly-used military communication interfaces, such as MIL-STD-1553, EIA232/422/485, HDLC and Ethernet
- Familiarity with regularly used military standards for equipment operation, such as MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-704Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential for the communication of information (technical and otherwise) and the writing of well-structured, readable and concise documents
- Candidate is expected to apply a customer-focused, conscientious and analytical approach to their work and have an ability to prioritize and respond dynamically to a rapidly changing environment
- Experience with standard office PC environment (MS Windows7, MS Office 2010, etc.) required
- Engineering degree – Either electrical or computer science.
- Experience with development of Electronic Warfare avionics products a plus
- Strong background in integrated systems a plus
- Good presentation skills and confidence to present to an audience a plus
- Experience in Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering a plus
- Experience with the FACE open-systems standard a plus.
- Knowledge and/or practical experience of DO-178B a plus.
- Standard office environment
- Regular use of Systems Integration Laboratory
- Occasional work at customer and partner facilities, including laboratories.
- Potential for domestic and limited international travel
- Must have US Secret Security Clearance or ability to attain such clearance immediately
Any certifications will be considered on their merits, but could be considered a plus.
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this job vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above description includes most significant duties performed. However, other work assignments not mentioned are assumed included and would be in conformity with the value assigned to this position.