Reports to: Software Manager
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining real-time embedded software and associated Windows-based tools for aerospace electronics. Candidate will help develop requirements, design, code, integrate, test and document embedded software and associated tools as well as maintain and improve existing system software. Required to work as an effective team member, contribute to team decisions, and support peers in the software development process.
The ideal candidate with have experience with UML, model-driven development with IBM Rational Rhapsody (or similar tools), RTOS and the MS .NET software framework for tool development, as well as experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including writing of technical documentation.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
- Develop real-time embedded software for electronic warfare aerospace avionics.
- Support software development activities using software development tools including requirements management, UML modeling, and configuration management tools.
- Learn existing embedded software designs and develop software improvements through structured development processes.
- Generate (and review) technical documentation and customer deliverables related to the software under development.
- Demonstrate products to customers and support products in customer labs.
- Responsible for supporting team members as needed in software design activities.
- Participate in technical interchange meetings with team members and customers.
- Support hardware and software integration at customer sites domestically and internationally.
- Support senior management as required on all related activities.
- Strong software development capability in C++ and C languages.
- Comprehension of and familiarity with UML and UML Development Tools.
- Practical hands-on experience with various development tools.
- Good oral and written skills and the ability to generate and review technical documentation related to the software applications being modified/developed.
- Standard PC tools experience (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Candidate will have proven skills working in a team environment.
- BS CS/CE degree, or equivalent, required.
- Experience with Rational Rhapsody a plus.
- Experience of developing MS Windows-based GUI application using the .NET software framework a plus
- Experience with Wind River VxWorks and Workbench a plus.
- Experience with MS Visual Studio development for Windows applications a plus.
- Experience with MIL-STD-1553B a plus
- Experience with software development for electronic warfare avionics a plus.
- Experience with standard software development tools (requirements management, UML modeling, and configuration management tools) a plus.
- Experience with the FACE open-systems standard a plus
Standard office environment.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Ability to work at customer/partner facilities, including labs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Any certifications will be considered on their merits, but could be considered a plus.
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this job vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above description includes most significant duties performed. However, other work assignments not mentioned are assumed included and would be in conformity with the value assigned to this position.