This role must ensure customer objectives and requirements are met or exceeded, while assets are available to meet customer operations tempo. The UAS Pilot must also ensure safe flying environment by adhering to all directives, regulations and procedures, and planning and executing all mission tasks.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary. The pilot will:
- Advise/assist the customer on all matters pertaining to the daily operations involving the unmanned aircraft system of record.
- Possess extensive experience with stated systems, preferably with Selex systems hardware in service with DOD agencies worldwide.
- Have significant interface with customer personnel at all levels, excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- The primary task is that of a pilot.
- Tasks include, but are not limited to, providing on-site pilot expertise in daily flight operations, responsibility for all safety aspects on ground and airborne, maintaining currency, briefing customers on system capabilities, and coordinating operations with appropriate agencies.
- Be proficient in the use of technical publications, company publications and aircraft systems to diagnose and address malfunctions.
- Provide crew leadership for any anomalies or emergency situations within the ground control station.
- Provide advice and assistance on the use of and interpretation of Technical orders, Engineering Change Proposals and other related technical publications.
- Provide clear and concise mission data elements and be able to translate into monthly reporting formats, as well as any local civil authority reporting requirements.
- Provide liaison through which information related to aircraft and operational problems can be quickly disseminated to operational and maintenance personnel.
- Excellent communications skills, systems troubleshooting, fault isolation/diagnosis and the ability to read, comprehend and follow technical data, including drawings, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Knowledge of written and spoken English language – E CL>75%
- Private pilot’s license with a minimum of 350 hours in single engine, fixed-wing aircraft.
- Previous instrument rating and at least three takeoffs/landings in the last 90 days. CPL desired.
- Must be able to pass all medical requirements related to CENTCOM MOD 13 standards.
- Maintain an FAA Class III medical certification
- Must be willing to travel and accept assignment to any location for which selected, domestic or international.
- Shift work/Overtime maybe required.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 2 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Aircraft maintenance hangar facility
- Austere foreign deployment to areas of contract performance worldwide.
This position will require domestic and international travel.
Must have the ability to secure and maintain a US Security Clearance.
Apply for this role
If you would like to apply for this job vacancy, please email email@example.com.
The above description includes most significant duties performed. However, other work assignments not mentioned are assumed included and would be in conformity with the value assigned to this position.